March 8, 2019

A Glove's Life







Wow, what a rush!!

Here I am lying flat on a moving table. I can’t really tell, but if I go by the gloves on either side of me, I must be purple.



WHhhaaatttsss happening – I just got flipped, and now I can feel something soft underneath me.

OOOFfffff!! – something purple just landed on top of me. Now it’s all dark.

Oh! I get it. I’m a glove and I’m in a box.

Wonder what’s next?


Huh… whaaatt! The light’s changing. It’s been pitch black for so long. Now I can see light around the edges of a hole above me. Why am I leaning over? Oh, I get it. The box has been opened and they’re starting to use us. I must be in a hospital, judging by the voices and activity going on around here. I wonder what I’ll be used for when it’s my turn?

Maybe there’ll be an emergency and one of the nurses might use me to protect one of their hands.

Maybe I might just be used to keep a barrier between the nurse and patient while they change a dressing.

Maybe I might be used when a nurse is hooking up an IV line.

I hope one of the staff don’t use me when they’re changing a bed, or cleaning up a mess.



I really wouldn’t like it if I wasn’t used for something important. After all, that’s what I’ve been hanging around for. Hang on, the light’s getting brighter. I must be getting close to the top.





Woooyessss… my turn! Here comes the stretch!!
OOHhhhhh…. Ugh!!


Ahhh! Bugger. She dropped me.







Now I’m just lying on the floor. What the…?? All that time, preparation and lying about and she drops me. What a waste. I guess someone will pick me up later and throw me in the right bin for disposal. Pity I didn’t get to do anything. No contribution whatsoever.



So, it seems the nurse who dropped me has finished whatever she wanted me to help with and just buggered off, ‘cause she’s gone. I wonder when someone’s going to pick me up? Based on the conversations around me it must be Wednesday today. I’m pretty sure these wards are cleaned every day, so I guess I’ll be gone by tomorrow.  

So, I’m still here. It’s Thursday afternoon now. No one’s picked me up yet, so I’m Just hanging out. I thought I was a gone burger earlier. I saw a broom heading towards me, but it veered off before it reached me so, I guess maybe tomorrow I’ll be gone.



Man… Really!!! 

Here I am just lying around waiting to be cleaned up and what happens? Another glove comes tumbling down from above and almost lands on me. Luckily for me, whoever dropped it tried to catch it with their shoe. That didn’t work, but at least it stopped it landing on top of me.





  


Gotta say – this is getting old. It’s Saturday morning now, and it’s getting a bit crowded. Yeah, that’s right. There’s more of us now. This other dude arrived this morning. So now we’re a threesome. I wonder if today will be the day? Surely someone’s gonna notice and clean us up.








Yay!! Here she comes. I’m sure I’ll be able to catch this broom. Yep, we’re outta here!! Wonder where we’re going? I guess if we’d have actually been used for a higher purpose, we would have been disposed of properly and ended up in a hospital waste pile. Maybe even have made it to the incinerator. 
I’m pretty sure that’s not happening though. Because we’ve been swept up with a broom, we’re more than likely headed for a rubbish bin and eventually to landfill. What a waste. I didn’t get to help anybody, and now I’ll spend the next couple of hundred years wasting away somewhere. Hopefully I’ll be buried properly and not end up contaminating a waterway or being washed out to sea.



I guess time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. Great Post i will never look at a glove the same ever again, always wondering - What will its job be, how useful it was and where it will end up- Poor Gloves 🧤

    ReplyDelete